If you are like me, you don’t take enough me time or have enough time with family and friends or doing the things you love. Since I work from home and have my 2 1/2 year old home with me as well, it is very hard to separate work, home, baby, family, friends and me time. Let’s just say, I don’t take much me time at all.
One of my goals for 2014 is to start taking more and more me time and doing more with family and friends. Here are some ideas that I am going to start with. Make sure to comment below with what you do for work-life balance and me time.
- Schedule time for yourself, with your family, friends and activities that will help you recharge
- Have date night with your significant other
- Exercise first thing in the morning – even if that means you have to wake up 2 hours earlier
- Take a walk in the park with your child(ren)
- Enjoy activities that mean something to you – I like to take pictures of nature so I am going to add that back into my life
- Don’t waste your time on activities and people that add no value to your life
- Stay away from negative people because they will make you feel worse
- Get help from family when it comes time for household chores – make a chore board for you, significant other and child(ren)
- Take breaks during work – do something for 10-15 minutes that will recharge your batteries
- Go walking at the mall and take breaks to people watch – I love to just sit and watch everyone rush past me
- Go to the park or sit by the water and wright in a journal
- If you work from home, work from a coffee shop or park bench – who cares where you work, as long as you are getting the work done
- Make sure when you leave work, you are done for the day – that means no working in bed (I do that a lot)
- Shut all electronic devices during dinner and possibly for the night – spend that time with your family doing homework, playing games or watching a movie
- Go the library and read more (I need a real book – not a Kindle)
Make sure to comment below with what you do for work-life balance and me time.