Found this on another blog and couldn’t wait to share!
When people would say these things to me, it would drive me nuts. I just wanted to scream everytime someone said one of these sayings to me.
- BUT YOU DON’T LOOK SICK: Because Fibromyalgia is an invisible illness, I am never going to look sick. Fibromyalgia is pain throughout your whole body, so maybe I should look like I am in pain so people know I don’t feel well.
- EVERYBODY GETS TIREDYes everyone gets tired, but people with Fibromayalgia. I can get 8-9 hours of sleep and still wake up feeling like I got none.
- YOU’RE JUST HAVING A BAD DAY: When you have Fibromyalgia, especially when I have a flare up, everyday is a bad day. But, I can’t let it be because I have a 10 month old to take care of.
- IT MUST BE NICE NOT HAVING TO GO TO WORK: I still work, thank God, I just work from home. That is great because I can work from bed if I am having a bad day and I can stay in my pj’s and no one knows.
- I WISH I HAD TIME TO TAKE A NAP: so do I. I haven’t taken a nap in a very long time – since I was pregnant.
- IF YOU’DGET OUT MORE: that is so hard because I just don’t have the energy sometimes to get dressed and get Mikey ready to go out. Espcially in the winter time. Hopefully now that it is getting warmer, we can go for walks.
- YOU’RE JUST GETTING OLDER: LOL I am only 34 years old but some days I feel like I am 70.
- IF YOU’D GET MORE EXERCISE: I wish I could, but I just don’t have the energy.
- IT CAN’T BE THAT BAD: I wish people could see me on the bad days when my husband has to help me shower or walk with me to the bathroom because I am in soo much pain.
- IT’S ALL IN YOUR HEAD: I just don’t even know how to respond to that.
- YOU’RE JUST DEPRESED: I know when I have a flare up, I do get depressed. I feel sorry for myself and think I am a bad mother and wife because I can’t do anything.
- THERE ARE PEOPLE WORSE OFF THAN YOU: I totally agree. There are people dying from cancer everyday.
- YOU’LL JUST HAVE TO TOUGH IT OUT: I mostly do except for those bad flare ups. I have a 10 month old I have to take care of, as well as 2 cats, 2 businesses and a household.
- YOU JUST NEED A MORE POSITIVE ATTITUDE: I try too on those bad days but because I am in so much pain, it is so hard to stay positive.
- THIS TOO SHALL PASS: I wish it would. I do have to say though, ever since having Mikey, my Fibromaylgia has been better. My flare ups don’t last as long and I am not in that much pain every day.